Friday 9 April 2010

shakahari iii, carlton

Sunday night we decided to try fine dining at Shakahari. I know it was a long weekend, but I was super disappointed to discover that the dessert we all coveted (the rice pudding) was unavailable! Particularly given this was only one of two possible vegan dessert options, this was unexpected and not welcome!

At least there were cocktails to be had.

shakahari-cocktail

And main meals, too. Christine ordered the pot pie, which was only lukewarm! Delicious, but lukewarm. Danni ordered the Memory of Medina, which as always was perfectly serviceable.

I tried the pasta, which I had never before done. It was tasty!

pasta at shakahari

The meal was overall fine, but nothing special. It was the middle of a four day weekend though, so I suppose we can forgive them.

Shakahari one, two.

Shakahari
201 Faraday St
Carlton

4 comments:

Vicki said...

I always want to be blown away by Shakahari but as much as I like it, I never am. I have never had dessert though because I eat too much & get too full.

steph said...

Oh Vicki give the desserts a go! I'm not usually a fan of rice pudding but I LOVE their black rice mango pudding, it's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, wasn't wowed by Shakahari. We had much nicer food that weekend.

But my cocktail was a "Nirvana." It tasted like teen spirit! (I can't believe i didn't make that joke at the time. I was clearly very tired).

Also, you cansee my lovely blouse from NZ designer Cybele in the background. Just in case anyone was wondering...

Christine

Danni said...

Shakahari has never been as good as it was my first time. Also, we seem to have been a lot lately, enough that I'm feeling very familiar with the menu. I think it's important not to go too often.