Thursday 1 May 2008

cookie failure + success

Baked two batches of cookies over the long weekend, as breaks from the essays I had to write.

The first was sadly a failure, the anzacs were too crisp and did not hold together quite as well as I might have hoped, so I shan't post the recipe for them until success is at hand.

anzac biscuits

The second batch baked were the chocolate chip and walnut cookies from Veganomicon. I substituted nuttlex for the oil, and used slightly less vanilla, as I had read reviews beforehand that suggested an overpowering vanilla flavour. I also omitted the flax. I couldn't find my full cup measure, so I used what I thought was a half measure instead. It turned out, later, to be the one third measure, though aside from a slightly strong taste of vanilla essence, the batch worked out brilliantly. They were particularly delicious, and the next day they were chewy like eating cupcakes.

chocolate and walnut cookies

No comments: