Thursday 22 May 2008

lemon and poppyseed cupcakes

If you're new to the blog, I do actually do more than just bake, it just appears that these are the only recipes I've actually been making up. I will talk more about actual food soon - I've been using Veganomicon a bit, so that will be interesting to post about.

lemon and poppyseed cupcakes

I'm really pleased with these, they were soft and light and the icing was a bit yoghurty but worked quite well.

lemon and poppyseed cupcakes

ingredients:
2 cups SR flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
80g melted nuttlex
1/4 cup applesauce
3/4 cup rice milk
4 tbl lemon rind
1/4 cup lemon juice
lots of poppy seeds.

method:
Sift together the flour and baking powder, add the sugar and mix. Add in the vanilla essence, the nuttlex, applesauce and rice milk. Combine and stir in the lemon rind and lemon juice, until the batter is even. Shake in the poppy seeds and keep mixing, until you're happy with the amount.

Divide into twelve cupcakes. Either use paper cupcake cups or grease the tray, otherwise the batter will stick.

Bake for 15 minutes at 180C.


I can't give proportions for the icing, I am afraid, in this particular instance I made it up as I went along but I did include about 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence. Sprinkle poppy seeds on the top afterwards, to make it look extra nice.

No comments: