Monday 8 February 2010

vegetarian nirvana cafe, richmond

I've heard a lot about the amazing vegan foods available in the approximate Richmond region, however living on the other side of the City, we don't often get over that way. We made a recent visit to Plush Pizza, which was totally worth the trip, and last Friday Jo directed us down to Vegetarian Nirvana for dinner.

curries at vegetarian nirvana

Jo insisted on ordering the mushroom masala. I wanted the palak aloo, because it is my favourite, and Danni settled on the dahl makhani, because it always, always has cream and ghee in it. We also ordered a whole lot garlic roti.

The food was really really tasty. We thought perhaps we'd over-ordered, but we were compelled by deliciousness to eat it all up, and we rolled on out, uncomfortably full.

The only downside was that we had arrived late in the evening (after 2000), and the food took about half an hour to arrive, which is usually not a terrible thing except I was so hungry I went from 'hungry' to 'grumpy,' which was unfortunate for Jo and Danni, who hopefully still like me anyway (we suspect the wait was due to cooking one of our curries from scratch).

It was totally worth it thought. I cannot wait to try their allegedly Malaysian-style roti canai.

Vegetarian Nirvana Cafe
486 Bridge Road
Richmond

GF available

No comments: