Saturday 25 December 2010

discobeans cafe + artspace ii

You may remember my previous visit to Discobeans, where I had expected deliciousness and ended up with saltiness. However, the good reviews continue, and I decided to give it a second go.

Katie goes all the time, and we ordered to share, based on her experience. We ordered some miso soup each, as well as edamame and tempeh to start.

trying out the discobeans again

The tempeh was delicious. I really enjoyed the flavour of the sauce, and munching away on these little tempeh slices. The miso was not too salty, and the edmame was just right.

okonomiyaki at discobeans

For mains we tried out the vegan okonomiyaki and the soba noodle salad. The okonomiyaki was super delicious, and I would definitely order it again. The salad was fine but not really my thing, too vinegary for my tastes.

So second verdict: much better than the first. And we got to sit outside in the back courtyard! Which was very nice.

Discobeans
238 High St
Northcote

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, it is such a good vegan guide to Melbourne!

K said...

Glad you had a better second visit.

Part of the excitement for me is the g/f friendly part. Japanese food which is both g/f and vegan is pretty rare.