Wednesday 7 January 2009

five minute coconut fudge from my sweet vegan (A++)

D, trying to impress me with a knowledge of vegan sweets and cookbooks that is better than mine (a challenge), gave me Hannah Kaminsky's My Sweet Vegan for Christmas, as well as seasons one and two of La Femme Nikita.

But I can't bake anything from LFN, so on Sunday I cracked open My Sweet Vegan instead to find a tasty vegan treat. The five minute coconut fudge looked very appealing, both for its lack of oven (it was a hot day) and the promised speed with which it could be conjured.

It was fantastic! A delight to eat and easy to make. It was my first try making fudge but it definitely won't be my last.

fudge

5 comments:

Cindy said...

What a great gift, regardless of whether D's vegan-sweet knowledge surpasses your own. :-)

What's the binding ingredient in the fudge - coconut milk, perhaps?

steph said...

It was a great gift! I was very excited.

The binding ingredient is mostly coconut, with two tablespoons of nuttelex.

Amira said...

I just found this book at the library the other day and OMG everything in it looked so inventive and delicious, I especially liked the look of the green tea tiramasu. Your fudge looks absolutley divine and your praise is making me decide I must definitely check this book out further!

steph said...

Well Amira, if it helps sway you at all I also tried the Chai Cheesecake last night and it was great.

Amy said...

I think I need to cave and get my hands on this book, YUM!