Thursday 23 July 2009

lemon cheesecake

vegan lemon cheesecake

We had some Tofutti better than cream cheese (or lie-cheese) that we needed to get rid of, and a whole lot of tofu for the laksa, so I made a lemon cheesecake for dessert on Tuesday night when Sheboodle and Dr A came to visit.

I was concerned I had over-lemoned the cake, but it was just the right combination of tart and sweet. I did overdo it on the base, which ended up quite thick, alas.

I can't give this as a recipe yet, because the measurements are completely guesswork, due to all of our measuring cups having already been packed. I also had to borrow a silicon tart tray from the awesomepants CGB, as all of my baking dishes have also already been packed. So I'm not sure what measurements will fit into my usual cheesecake pan.

I will just have to make it again!

No comments: