Tuesday 28 July 2009

and it comes around

This blog was born out of a combination of my love of food, and my love of this city, and the "perth has nothing" meme to which most everyone subscribes at some point.

I still love this city, and I still love food, and people still subscribe to this meme. I don't intend to stop blogging about awesome vegan food and products in Perth but, at least for a little while, the Perth-blogging is going to be a bit less.

Later this evening D and I are getting on a plane to Melbourne, and we're going to be veganing around a different town for a while. Like, the movers emptied our house and put it in a c-tainer to transport sort of a while.

8 comments:

Eloise said...

but.. but.... I just found out Duende in Leederville have AMAZING vegan tapas!

Oh well- something to look forward to when next eating out in Perth? :)

I recommend. 100%. So good.

BrisVegan said...

Good luck with the Melbourne move.

i have visited Melbourne a couple of times. As you probably know, it is a very veg friendly city. i love it and would move there if only the weather was a bit more warm and consistent.

I shall just have to live vicariously through you and the other Melbourne bloggers!

K said...

Welcome! It will be great to have another vegan around. Will have to get you to come to another vegan potluck once your all settled of course.

steph said...

Oh Eloise, I desperately want to try the vegan tapas! Curses! *makes notes for October*

Thanks, BrisVegan. I am pretty excited about all the vegan outings in my future.

Hi Kristy! I look forward to future potlucks. :o)

Johanna GGG said...

good luck with the move - I am biased but I think Melbourne is a wonderful foodie city and wish you much yummy blogging here!

x said...

Lucky,lucky you!! Are you moving to Melbourne permanently?

pip gray said...

I know by now now you're in melbourne but i am visiting my mum in perth in a few weeks time and just starting to realise it might not be as easy to find vegan places to eat as i had thought (i am spoilt here in london), if you could recommend any i would be v.grateful :) i would have send this as a message but i don't know how (i am pretty computer illiterate). anyway thanks and sorry for such a long comment xx

steph said...

@pip gray, if you check out my WA tag you can find all the Perth recs I've done. :o) if you let me know where you're staying I can give you specific new recs? I am also going to Perth in a few weeks to see my mum!