Monday 20 July 2009

claypot noodles

It's been cold and rainy and I've been on my own, so I indulged in one of my favourites, claypot noodles. I'm not sure why I continue to order claypot in restaurants, they never taste quite right. This time it was deliciously soupy (I used a bit more stock), a little over-soy sauced, but so very delicious. And it's so great to make a whole lot extra, and then be able to eat comfort food at work.

claypot noodle

I have previously blogged about claypot here

7 comments:

Angie said...

Oh wow, that looks like a delicious winter warmer! I'll be in Perth for a few weeks - not so sure I want to leave the hot and humid weather of KL for Perth's blistering cold!

steph said...

It hailed today, Angie. HAILED. I don't even know this city anymore.

(This is why we always used to go to Penang every July and hide out there)

vegan.in.brighton said...

That looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

Dear Vegan friends,

At the moment we're try to get the government in Taiwan to organise an official meat free Monday nationwide.
It's for this reason that we've set up a petition, we need as many people to sign it as possible.
Could you please sign and spread this petition to as many people as possible. Here's the link

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/meat-free-monday-taiwan.html

Any help would be great.

Yours sincerely

Aseem

Theresa said...

I've probably never had proper claypot, but when I was in Canberra I went to Au Lac and got "Fish in Claypot Sensation!" and it was sensational. Yours looks even better, all lovely and noodley :)

Sarah said...

The hail was insane! I also made noodles yesterday. Not a claypot, but similar. Maybe there's something about hail that makes one crave noodles. Or maybe it's just that I wanted to eat a lot of chilli to warm up!

Amy said...

I've never had claypot anything but this post is definitely making me wish I had a clay pot! Yum!!