Tuesday 18 October 2011

new day rising

I promise I already had my outing to New Day Rising with SJ planned before Michael posted about it last week. This is just a coincidence!


sorry if this is blurry! i don't currently have my glasses because i am a poor planner


The CLT (coconut, lettuce and tomato) is so delicious I don't know what to do with myself. I can't believe I waited this long to try it, after first hearing Lisa talk about the CLT, and I'm trying to make it there again before I leave Brunswick for the Great China Adventure.

The smoked coconut in this is so intense but nicely set off by the tomato, lettuce and avocado and I want it. All of it. In my mouth.




others eating the CLT: dannipants; k; Lisa; Cindy + Michael.


New Day Rising
221d Blyth Street
Brunswick East

super easy to get to at the end of the 96 tram (not an accessible stop); the venue is tiiiiny and crowded with little maneuverability; the toilet is around the corner and outside. all ordering is at the table (mostly because it's too tiny to go anywhere). cash only!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

We must learn to make it for ourselves! Maybe then you can TAKE IT TO CHINA.

Congratulations on finding the toilet. Michael kept staring at the walls, willing some kind of door or ex-door to become apparent.