Saturday 27 December 2008

samosas

samosas

Wandering one day through Kongs (our local Chinese grocery) in Northbridge, I found the auntie behind the counter was packing these tiny vege samosas into little bags. I've seen them for sale at Lotus also, so someone local is clearly making them. They're filled with potatoes and peas and just a mild amount of spiciness, and cost about $3.50 for a pack of ten.

They sat in the freezer for a while, and yesterday afternoon, looking for a Boxing Day snack as we watched the cricket, I shallow fried them in a little vegetable oil (having first defrosted them for a bit). They were bite-sized deliciousness!

3 comments:

Carla said...

This post made me feel ever so nostalgic for home. It doesn't happen often, but the mention of watching the cricket on boxing day has just brought me to tears. We're under about a metre of snow and (while I love it) there's only hockey to watch.I'm such a sop.

steph said...

Oh Carla! I don't know what to say. I struggle with the idea of one Boxing Day away from the Antipodes and the Boxing Day test and the beach, let alone many of them all in a row. I am sure the snow is a delight, though. I hope you are feeling more wonderful now. :o)

Carla said...

Yes, thank you. It was a passing feeling, and he snow is finally starting to melt!